We take individual privacy seriously. This Statement explains our policies and practices.
We respect your privacy and we promise:
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect;
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide a better service;
- to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data;
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
1. Information collection
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect information when you register with us or communicate with us.
If specific information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the requested service.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. However a copy may be archived indefinitely.
2. Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside China include:
- processing applications
- our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing
- notification of UBM ShowStar’s trade fairs in China and around the world
- distribution of UBM ShowStar’s publications and research materials
- marketing UBM ShowStar’s services or products
- complying with laws in or outside China
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
- other related purposes.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts
- the public, including persons sending enquiries
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside China
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
We cannot control how third parties use information.
Cookies are commonly used to facilitate transmission and to provide more useful features. It is a piece of data stored in your computer. We use these devices to find out more about the use of our websites and user preferences, in order to improve our services. We may share summarised traffic data with advertisers. We note traffic, pages visited and time spent. You are not identified. However if you agree by registering with us, we may link the information to you, so that you may receive information more suited to your interests.
You may set your browser to reject cookies, or tell you when a cookie is being sent.
Cookies are necessary for some features of the website to work, e.g., to maintain continuity during a session. If they are not accepted, those features may not work properly.
Personal data stored electronically are password-protected. Encryption technology is used on our secured web areas. Our computer systems are placed in restricted areas. We only permit authorised employees to access personal data. These employees are trained on our privacy policies.
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience. You will leave our website for another location that is not controlled by us. Our privacy policies do not apply to other websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the other websites.
8. Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information as outlined in this Statement.